PLEASE NOTE: In connection with the amendment to the Act on the Residence of Foreigners effective from August 2nd, 2021, the website is currently under construction and is being continuously updated. Thank you for your understanding.
!!! IMPORTANT !!!
SOLVING RESIDENCE MATTERS OF FOREIGN NATIONALS IN THE TERRITORY OF THE CZECH REPUBLIC IN CONNECTION WITH CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
!!! IMPORTANT !!!
- Check the status of your application - regularly updated approved applications for temporary, long-term and permanent residency including their extensions and extension of the long-term visa listed by receipt number (č.j.)
- EU citizens and their family members
- Third-country nationals
- Information for education providers and students
- Information for accommodation providers
- Information for employers
- Full text of the Act on the Residence of Foreign Nationals in the Czech Republic (pdf, 1.8 MB)
- Do you need assistance or advice?
- Information Publications for Foreigners
- Information Publications for Applicants for International Protection
- Information Publications for Beneficiaries of International Protection
STATE OF EMERGENCY
as of 26 th, 2021 a state of emergency has been declared by the government for 30 days. More information you can find here: Vláda rozhodla o vyhlášení nouzového stavu na 30 dnů, omezí hromadné akce, provoz restaurací či konzumaci alkoholu na veřejnosti (vlada.cz)
CHANGES TO THE ACT ON THE RESIDENCE OF FOREIGNERS
An overview of changes to the Act on the Residence of Foreigners with effect from August 2nd, 2021 can be found HERE (pdf, 390 kB).
CZECH LANGUAGE EXAM - A2
From September 1st, 2021 the level of the Czech language examination for the purpose of obtaining the permanent residence is increased to the A2 level. This higher level examination will be taken by third-country nationals who apply for permanent residence on September 1st, 2021 or later. More information you can find here.
Detailed information on the Czech exam you can find here.
- SUMMER OF GRACE
We would like to inform you about the amendment to the Civil Procedure and Enforcement Code and provide information about the so-called Summer of Grace, which is one of the approved changes within the amendment. The principle is that if the debtor pays the principal of the debt and costs in the case of executions enforced by bailiffs (not applicable to tax executions) between 28 October 2021 and 28 January 2022, the remaining debt will be forgiven. More information here:https://exekuce.justice.cz/milostive-leto
OPERATIONAL NOTICE - Operation of the Ministry of the Interior (Asylum and Migration Policy Department)
- 02/08/2021 - An up-to-date version of the Act No. 326/1999 Coll. on the Residence of Foreign Nationals in the Czech Republic (pdf, 1.8 kB)
- 01/01/2020 - A practice of making copies of presented documents has changed since January 1st, 2020. You will find more information here (pdf, 170 kB)
- 20/05/2015 - Emergencies
- 08/09/2014 - Immigration Portal of the Ministry of Interior
Disclaimer: This website is currently under construction and is continuously being updated. The information available here is not intended to be comprehensive and many details which are relevant to particular circumstances may have been omitted. It is not a complete statement of the Act on the Residence of Foreign Nationals in the Czech Republic (pdf, 1.8 MB) or policy. Please note that the MOI takes no responsibility for the content and accuracy of any of the external websites we link to from this website.